This is because either:
- They incorrectly entered the coupon code.
- The coupon is not valid.
Typically because it is after the coupon's expiration date which you specified (up to 28 days after the start date).
As indicated in the Seller Office Coupon page:
- 'Usable' coupon codes can be redeemed.
- Coupon codes in any other state are invalid and cannot be redeemed.
Why a coupon code is invalid:
|Waiting||The waiting period after you generated the coupon has not ended (about 24 hours after generation).|
|Expired||The coupon code as already been redeemed.|
|Expired||It is after the expiration date.|
|Terminated||You updated certain registration information of the coupon's paid app
(for example the binary file or distribution countries). However, changing the app price will not affect coupons.
|Terminated||You suspended the distribution of the coupon's paid app.|
|Terminated||Samsung suspended the distribution of the coupon's paid app.|
If the coupon is valid, make sure the customer properly entered the coupon code.
If the coupon in invalid and there are less than 5,000 coupons for your paid app, you can generate a new coupon code for the customer's distribution country and send them the new coupon code.
If your paid app is not being distributed, resolve the issue, update the app's registration and submit it for distribution again, and then generate and send a new coupon code to the customer.
- For details about generating and managing coupons, see Paid App Coupons.
- For details about how customers redeem coupons, see How to create and manage free coupons for paid apps.