To generate an author certificate,
- Using the Galaxy Watch Designer, from the main menu bar, click Project > Author Certificate. For more information, see Getting Started.
- Using Tizen Studio, from the main menu bar, click Tizen Tools > Certificate Manager (the Samsung Certificate Extension must be installed in order to properly generate an author distributor certificate for your Samsung device). For information about the Samsung Certificate Extension, see Installing Certificate Extension. For more information about the Certificate Manager, see Creating Certificates and Managing Certificate Profile.
Important! Make a backup of your author certificate, save the backup on a different device, and keep both the original and backup in a secure place. If you lose your author certificate, you will not be able to publish updates to your apps.
For more information about author certificates, see Getting the Certificates.
If you've forgotten your password ...
and you created your author certificate using Galaxy Watch Designer, you can reset your password the next time you build your app.
and you created your author certificate using Tizen Studio, you cannot reset your password. See What to do if you've lost your author certificate or can't reset the password.
If you have lost your author certificate and do not have a backup or if you have forgotten the password for the certificate and cannot reset it, do the following:
- Generate a new author certificate.
- Make a backup of your new author certificate and do not save the backup on the same device as the original certificate. Keep both the original and backup in a secure place.
- Build a newer version of your app with the new certificate.
- Upload the app to Seller Office and release it.
- Suspend the older version of the app.