When end users navigate to the Samsung Galaxy Apps Store on their devices, their app may or may not be displayed, depending on whether the device is located in a distribution country of the app and whether any of the registered binary files are compatible with the user device, based on binary/device features and Android™ OS API levels. For your app to be displayed in the Galaxy Apps Store on an end user's device, at least one app binary file must be suitable for the user device environment. After the user initiates app download, the single most compatible app binary file will be downloaded.
To review current binary/device compatibility:
- For apps not yet certified, see App Registration Procedure.
- For certified apps, see Details About Managing Your Apps and Products.
Your app will be displayed when the following are met:
- The user's device is located in a distribution country of the app.
- The user's device is compatible with at least one binary file, based on features and Android OS API level.
Otherwise, your app will not be displayed.
For example, when a app binary file is registered with
minSdkVersion= 9 and
- The app is displayed in the device's app store and can be downloaded to Gingerbread user devices with API Levels 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, and 14.
- The app is filtered and is not displayed on Froyo user devices, which have API Level 8.
- The app is filtered and is not displayed on Ice Cream Sandwich MR1 user devices, which have API Level 15.
After the user initiates app download, the binary file downloaded is determined by binary/device compatibility and the app version specified in the compatible binary file(s):
- When there is one compatible binary file, that binary file will be downloaded, regardless of the binary file
- When there are multiple compatible binary files and they have different app versions (
versionCode), the binary file with the highest
versionCodewill be downloaded to the end user.
- When there are multiple compatible binary files and all have the same app version (
versionCode), the binary file that was most recently registered will be downloaded to the end user.