Galaxy Watch App Promotion
- Last updated
Save as PDF
The Samsung ecosystem promotes your paid and free Galaxy Watch apps in both Galaxy Watch devices and Galaxy mobile devices.
Note: As of August 2018, Samsung wearable devices became Galaxy Watch devices. Information in this section also applies to earlier Gear devices, unless specifically stated.
In your own marketing promotions, Galaxy Store badges can link customers to your individual Galaxy Watch apps and to your seller brand page. For details about how Samsung supports you and your own promotions, see Promote in Your Own Marketing and Media Channels.
Promotion in Galaxy Watch Devices
Samsung promotes your Galaxy Watch apps to Galaxy Watch device users.
Galaxy Watch Section of the Galaxy Store
Links to the Galaxy Store
Promotion in Galaxy Mobile Devices
Samsung promotes your paid and free Galaxy Watch apps to Galaxy mobile device users in the Galaxy Watch section of the Galaxy Store with a product detail page for each app, your own seller brand page (with all of your Galaxy Watch apps), and more Galaxy Store features.
Galaxy Watch section of the Galaxy Store
- User can get all paid and free Galaxy Watch apps, as well as selected apps based on downloads and Samsung promotions:
- FEATURED - promoted apps and events, highest download apps, and all apps in categories
- WATCH FACES - Galaxy Watch faces sorted by top, featured, and category
- EXCLUSIVE - select free and paid Galaxy Watch apps
- TOP - highest free and paid apps ranked by their number of downloads
- CATEGORIES - all apps sorted by app type
- Banners, app group sets, and/or app group pages link to product detail pages where users can review and purchase Galaxy Watch apps.
- NOW FREE - Free apps that have recently been registered or converted from paid apps.
The Galaxy Store also promotes:
- Android apps that integrate Samsung Galaxy SDK and/or In-App Purchase SDK features, and Edge, Stickers, and Font apps. For details, see Android, Edge, Stickers, and Font App Promotion.
- Theme apps (wallpapers, themes, icon packs, and AODs). For details, see Theme App Promotion.
Users can navigate, review, purchase, and download Galaxy Watch apps through the following:
- You can put Galaxy Store badges in your marketing material, such as content on websites, in social media channels, and in emails.
- Each badge links to one of your product detail pages or your Galaxy Watch seller brand page.
- For details about requesting a badge, see Badge Promotion.
- App banners
- One-app banners
- Each links to one app's product detail page or a promotional website outside the Galaxy Store.
- App group banners
- Each links to one app group page with all apps in the group.
- For details about requesting a banner, see Banner Promotion.
- App group sets
- Each app thumbnail links to one app's product detail page.
- VIEW ALL links to the app set's group page with all apps in the set.
- App group pages
- List and link to product detail pages of all apps in the group.
- All paid and free apps are listed in category group pages.
- Select apps are listed in custom group pages that contain:
- Apps that meet preset criteria (based on download data or availability)
- Apps promoted by app group banners and sets
- Event banners
- An event:
- One promotion (related or not related to apps).
- A special offer for one or more apps (such as a reduced price, free in-app items, or other offerings).
- An event banner:
- Links to one event detail page or to resources outside the Samsung Theme store.
- Appears in the Promotions page and other suitable main pages.
Product detail page
Your app's main page that has promotion, purchase, and download features. Galaxy Store pages and promotion elements lead to product detail pages.
- Users can:
- Review app info, videos, graphics, and user feedback.
- Review information about you and your company.
- Share your apps with their family and friends.
- Provide feedback for you and your future customers.
- Link to your product line page and seller brand page.
- Link to your marketing and social sites outside the Galaxy Store.
- Samsung generates your product detail pages from the information, videos, and graphics you provide.
For details, see Personalize the Product Detail Pages for Your Gear Apps.
Product line page
An app group page, titled More From This Seller, that lists and links to all of your apps' product detail pages.
- Your customers can:
- Get to the product line page from any of your product detail pages.
- Link to any of your product detail pages.
- Samsung generates the page from all of your apps.
Galaxy Watch seller brand page
You can brand your entire Galaxy Watch product line with:
- Your company information, links, and graphics
- Links to resources inside and outside the Galaxy Store
- Lists of all of your Galaxy Watch apps, grouped by download data and date of publication.
- Your customers can:
- Get to your seller brand page from any of your Galaxy Watch app product detail pages.
- Review information about you, your company, and your product line.
- Link to your marketing and social sites.
- For each of your Galaxy Watch apps:
- See a representative image.
- Link to Galaxy Watch product detail page.
- Share your products with their family and friends.
You can create your own Galaxy Watch seller brand page by entering text and uploading graphic images in your Seller Office profile.
For details, see Generate a Galaxy Watch Seller Brand Page.
Event detail page
Information and links about non-app events (such as contests) and app events (such as special offers of reduced prices, free in-app items, or other offerings).
- Event banners lead to event detail pages.
- Links to supporting resources:
- Inside the Galaxy Store, such as product detail pages and app group pages
- Outside the Galaxy Store, such as websites, social media, or email contact
- Users can:
- Follow event banner links to event detail pages.
- Review promotion event info, videos, and graphics.
- Link to supporting resources inside and outside the Galaxy Store.
- In response to developer requests for promotion events, Samsung generates event detail pages and support pages inside the Galaxy Store.
Note: While an app promotion event is in effect, users can get event benefits by purchasing and downloading from event pages or from other pages that may not display the promotion.
Users can manage the Galaxy Watch apps currently on their device and future app purchases and downloads:
- Every app that has been preloaded, downloaded, and/or installed on the user's device.
- Apps that the user has put in their wish list for future purchases and downloads.
- All paid app and in-app item purchases.
- Users can easily:
- Install preloaded and downloaded apps.
- Open, update, and uninstall apps that are installed.
- Manage their wish list.
- Register their credit card information and coupons to be applied to app purchases.
On Galaxy mobile devices, the Watch section of the Galaxy Store guides customers:
- From listings of Galaxy Watch apps to their product detail pages.
- From app promotions to app product detail pages.
- From product detail pages to your own seller brand page (with all of your Galaxy Watch apps), and more Galaxy Store features.
In your own marketing promotions, Galaxy Store badges link customers to your individual Galaxy Watch apps and to your seller brand page.