Use these simple steps to create analog and digital clocks for your watch faces.
Design an analog clock
- Under Component, click Background. Select a background image from the files provided by Galaxy Watch Designer, or import your custom image.
Note: Hover over a file to view a larger version.
- Click Index to choose an index file or import your custom image.
Alternatively, you can create and customize an index file using the Properties window.
- Use an image file that represents a small part of the index.
- Enter Placement and Index Setting values to create the index.
- Click Watch Hand, and select an hour hand.
- Align the watch hand pivot with the pivot point. The pivot point is the star-like shape in the center of the watch face around which the watch hands rotate.
- From Properties, configure the following:
- (Optional) Dimensions: The watch hand width and height.
- (Optional) Placement: X, Y position of the watch hand.
- Rotation Properties:
- Sync with: the appropriate value. For the hour hand, sync with Hour in Day.
- Time zone: Sync with Device or select a time zone.
- Rotate: For the Hour hand, the default setting is 2, meaning the hour hand will complete an entire rotation twice a day. Change the setting to 1 for the hour hand to rotate once a day for a 24-hour hand.
- To create minute and second hands, repeat steps 3, 4, and 5.
- You can use the Movement Effect dropdown to select different motion options for the second hand (Second in Minute). Select Normal (default), Sweep for a smooth motion, or Tension for a more realistic watch movement effect.
Design a digital clock
- Under Component, click Background.
- Click Digital Clock.
- From Properties > Type, select an ICU format (for more information see "Formatting Dates and Times" in the ICU User Guide).
- From the dropdown, select h : mm : a for 12-hour format or enter HH : mm : ss for 24-hour format.
- (Optional) From Properties > Appearance, you can add different fonts as Truetype fonts or custom image bitmap fonts.
- Truetype font: Select the Truetype radio button, and choose a font from the dropdown.
- Bitmap font: Select the Bitmap radio button. In the Bitmap Font Setting screen, click the + icon that corresponds to the character you want to change under Digit, Symbol, Other, or Custom, and upload a BMP image to replace that character.