This section describes the basic layout of the main design window, as shown in the following illustrations.
The Component bar lists the components to use for your watch face. You can add as many components as you want to any of your designs. Click on any component to select a preloaded Galaxy Watch Designer component, or click Background > Import Image to load an external, customized file.
Galaxy Watch Designer includes these components:
- Background: Watch face backgrounds.
- Index: Watch face indexes. The index consists of marks used as gradation for hours and minutes in an analog watch.
- Watch Hand: Moving pointers on the watch that indicate data, such as the hour or minute, in an analog watch.
- Digital Clock: Displays the time in digits.
- Image: Images to use on top of the watch face background.
- Text: Text that describes complications or other aspects of your watch. Click Text to show icons of the different elements you can add to your watch face, and then click on any icon to add information about the specified element.
- Animation: Sequenced images that provide animation (see Add Animation).
- Complications: Complications are samples made from GWD component combinations. You can place any complication as-is from GWD onto your watch face, or customize each of its separate components as you want. For more information, see Add Complications.
B. Preview window
Design your watch face in the Preview window. Add elements from the Components section to your design in the Preview window, and use drag-and-drop functionality to rearrange them on your watch face.
C. Properties window
Configure each component from the Properties window. Click on the component to bring up the specific Properties information and customize its values. The example below shows the normal properties for the Workout complication component (based on Steps_Analog_A) named Image0.
Fonts can be added in the Appearance section of the Properties window. On a Mac, the font must be installed before it can be added (in Finder, double-click the font and click Install Font).
If you want to make the font available to all projects, add the font file to the
C:\Program Files\Galaxy Watch Designer\font directory.
D. Run window
View how the watch face looks (selecting changeable combinations of devices and straps or enabling the always-on display) and works by adjusting values (for time, health, or weather). You can also capture an image of your watch face.
When you add a component, you create a new layer to your watch face, which you can rename and configure as you want. From the Layer window, you can manage, order, or remove any layer image on your watch face.
Each layer monitors one layer condition at a time. If a layer is activated to change according to one condition, any existing monitoring done by that layer will stop.
Layer ordering is important. Each layer supersedes the layers that are located beneath it, with the topmost layer read and implemented first. Subsequent layers and their actions are read and implemented in order of occurrence.
F. Conditional lines
Use conditional lines to make your designs more dynamic with components that change their appearance based on certain conditions. From the Conditional lines area, you can show or hide objects in the preview by choosing show or hide in the appropriate frames.
Prepare the main window
This section provides optional steps to prepare your main window before you begin designing.
- First, note the circle in the main window. Your watch face design and its elements must fit into this circle. If they do not fit, you must resize them or use alternate elements.
From the View tab:
- Enable Show Coordinate Axis. The coordinate axis provides horizontal and vertical axes to help you align and center components.
- Enable Show Pivot, which you can use to set your watch hands.