Your watch face apps and watch apps can sell in-app items after you integrate Tizen Wearable In-App Purchase (IAP) functionality through IAP web APIs or IAP native APIs. Tizen Wearable IAP is supported by the Tizen Wearables platform v2.3.2 and later.
There are many ways you can design and develop your app to support the sale of IAP in-app items. Below is a straightforward way that demonstrates the key steps using web IAP API calls.
- Get a commercial Seller Office account.
- Register your app and its in-app items with Samsung Seller Office and get them certified.
Note: To test in-app item purchases, your app and items only need to be registered. They do not need to be certified.
- Connect your app's watch with an Android smartphone.
- Support and process in-app item purchase transactions:
In your app:
- Present in-app items to your users:
- Retrieve all items currently available for purchase (including their current local price) by making a
- Retrieve the items the user has already purchased to make appropriate decisions by making a
- Use the available and user-purchased items information
GetItemSuccessCallback) as needed.
- Enable users to select and initiate a purchase.
- After the user initiates the purchase of an in-app item, start purchase processing by making a
startPaymentclient API call.
IAP manages the item purchase:
- Gets current item information, such as pricing.
- In the Android smartphone connected to the watch:
- Presents purchase information and options to the user.
- Gets purchase authorization and payment from the user.
- Notifies your app of the results of the purchase transaction.
In your app:
- Use the purchase transaction information provided by
- Properly manage the results of the purchase (for example, by providing user feedback and making the item available to the user).
For details about IAP, see https://developer.samsung.com/galaxy-watch/distribute/iap.