Note: During design and development, you must ensure your Theme apps meet the requirements for registration, validation, and distribution in the Galaxy Themes section of the Galaxy Store. For details, see Theme App Policy and Requirements.
Theme Editor Hierarchy
The Theme Editor UI organizes control into four hierarchical levels:
- Group: A control set based on UI features (common, lock screen, Home screen), applications (phone, contact, message applications), utilities (keyboard, sound), and widgets (containing one or more theme subgroups)
- Subgroup: A functional set within the parent group, containing one or more theme clusters
- Cluster: A functional or design set within the parent subgroup, containing one or more theme parameters
- Parameter: One theme parameter setting controls one UI aspect
Theme Editor Main Screen
- Application group panel: Navigate to reference theme UI screens.
- Subgroup panel: Navigate to reference theme UI screens.
- Default UI, or Reference Theme panel: A standard theme that is not affected by any of your changes. The UI theme displayed on a device may or may not be the reference theme.
- Parameter panel: Review and change theme parameter settings.
- Preview or To-Be Theme panel: Displays your theme. You can review setting results while setting and after changing.
- Apply to device: Applies your theme to the device.
For the selected the group or subgroup:
- The associated Reference Theme screen and the To-Be Theme screen are displayed.
- The parameters for the initially selected theme cluster are available in the Parameter panel.
- Image resolution tabs are activated after you import images of the necessary resolution.
Customizable UI Elements
One UI aspect can control one or more UI elements that are:
- Fixed and permanent: The background color or image of a UI button or the text color of a title
- Temporary and/or moving: A spinning progress circle that indicates processing is in progress
- Conditionally displayed: The color of text entered by the user, auto-completed text, or titles of parameters in a list