You implement your in-app item store and integrate Samsung In-App Purchase (IAP) functionality into your Android app. You register your app and its in-app items in the Samsung Seller Office. When your app users initiate the purchase of an in-app item, your app uses Samsung IAP or Unity API calls to cause Samsung IAP and Samsung ecosystem components to manage the back-end and UI support of item purchasing.
Market your free or paid Android apps with in-app items in the Samsung Galaxy Apps store:
- The Galaxy Apps store is pre-installed on every Samsung device, which makes up the majority of the Android market.
- Global app downloads: 1.6 billion in 2016.
- 202+ million monthly active users (MAU) globally.
- 77 million visitors weekly to the Galaxy Apps store worldwide.
- Free and paid apps and their in-app items are available in 90+ countries, including top markets such as the United States, Korea, and Germany.
The United States has 23 million monthly active users and more than 11 million monthly app downloads. This number is growing each month.
- Developers receive 70% of paid app and in-app item revenue.
- Samsung In-App Purchase (IAP) supports various payment methods: credit card, carrier billing, Samsung Pay, and PayPal.
Titles that incorporate Samsung IAP include: Megapolis, Hay Day, Dynasty Blades, Cookie Jam, Subway Surfers, Airport City, FallenSouls, and The Walking Dead.
Note: To be distributed through Galaxy Apps, your apps and in-app items must pass the Samsung validation review process.