This section describes how to develop, distribute, and manage your service app using Samsung systems.
Develop your service app and its commercial items
- Ensure your service app and its items meet Samsung certification requirements and guidelines.
- Set up your development environment
- Use the Android Studio to develop your application and import the OpenIAB Library.
- Base your service app on JDK 1.6 or higher.
- Initially register your development service app and its commercial items with Samsung Galaxy Apps Seller Office.
This step enables development integration testing. In the next section, you will register your production version and submit it for certification to be distributed.
- Your service app representative(s) must get a Samsung Account user account.
- Your service app representative(s) must get a Seller Office commercial seller account.
- Initially register your service app and its commercial items, which you can do while they are in development. For details, see Galaxy Apps Publishing.
Integrate OpenIAB Library API calls into your service.
- Your service app must not be a Gear application or a Knox 2.0 application.
- Your service app must properly integrate OpenIAB API calls to support the commercial item listing and purchasing functionality of Samsung In-App Purchase (IAP).
- Test your integrated service app.
- For details, see OpenIAB Library Integration.
- Change the development version of your service app and items into its production version, including adding production version commercial items.
- Update the Seller Office registration with your production service app and items, which includes but is not limited to the following:
- Ensure all service app and commercial item prices are correct.
- Ensure the countries to which your service app is to be distributed are specified.
- Ensure the user devices to which your service app is to be distributed are specified. Distribution devices must meet the following requirements:
- The device must be a Samsung device with the following clients installed: Samsung Account Client, Samsung Galaxy Apps Store Client, Samsung Billing Client, and Samsung In-App Purchase.
- The device must be selected for distribution in the Samsung Galaxy Apps Seller Office. For details, see Galaxy Apps Publishing.
- Submit your service app and its items for certification through the Samsung Galaxy Apps Seller Office. For details, see Galaxy Apps Publishing.
Manage service app and item distribution, sales, and finances through Samsung Galaxy Apps Seller Office
- Generate and review distribution and sales reports.
- Generate and review financial accounting reports.
- For details, see Galaxy Apps Publishing.