Your Android apps can sell in-app items after you integrate Samsung In-App Purchase (IAP) functionality using one of the following methods:
Directly integrate the Samsung IAP SDK.
Implement Samsung IAP functionality by integrating the Unity IAP API.
There are many ways you can design, develop, and publish your app to support the sale of in-app items. The following example demonstrates key steps.
- Design your Android app, its in-app items, and its in-app item store.
- Develop your IAP-integrated app and app server.
- Beta test or normally publish your app and its in-app items:
- Get a commercial Seller Office account.
- Register your app and its in-app items with Samsung Seller Office.
Note: To beta test your IAP-integrated app and in-app item purchases, your app and items only need to be registered. For normal distribution to and in-app item purchases by regular users, your app and items also need to be submited for and pass validation testing.
- During normal publication, your app, Samsung IAP, and your app server work together to support and process in-app item purchase transactions.
Note: During beta publication, some of the features below are not implemented.
- Initializes Samsung IAP in the appropriate operating mode (test or normal).
- Presents in-app items to your users:
- Retrieves all items currently available for purchase, including current local prices.
- Retrieves the items the user has already purchased.
- Enables users to select and initiate a purchase.
- After the user initiates the purchase of an in-app item, starts purchase processing.
- Gets current item information (such as pricing).
- Presents purchase information and options to the user.
- Gets purchase authorization and payment from the user.
- Notifies your app of the results of the purchase transaction.
- Verifies the item was purchased:
- Low-level verification initiated directly by the app.
- Enhanced verification by sending the item ID to the app server that initiates verification.
- Receives the status of auto-recurring subscription items sent from the app server.
- Receives the results of enhanced purchase verification sent from the app server.
- Manages the results of the purchase (for example, making the item available to the user, and providing user feedback).
Your app server:
- Gets a Samsung IAP token in order to get the status of auto-recurring subscription items.
- Verifies enhanced purchase verification and evaluates the information and sends the results to the app, or sends the information to the app for evaluation.
- Gets detailed auto-recurring subscription item information and evaluates the information and sends the results to the app, or sends the information to the app for evaluation.
- No image available
- Integrate Samsung IAP
- Offer and sell in-app items (for example, products, services, and subscriptions) from your free or paid Android apps by integrating Samsung IAP directly into your apps and app server.
- Learn more >
- No image available