The Galaxy Store promotes your Android apps based on information, graphics, and videos registered with your apps. Samsung also assists you in promoting your apps through advertising channels outside the Galaxy Store (such as, badges, discounts, and coupons).
Promotions in the Galaxy Store
The Galaxy Store promotes all Android apps through store marketplaces using banners, app group sets, and listing pages, which guide customers to each app's product detail page.
Galaxy Store Marketplaces
The Galaxy Store areas that promote Android apps are:
Galaxy Store Home
All types of paid and free Android apps, including game apps, Edge apps, and
Galaxy Store > Games
Paid and free gaming Android apps
Galaxy Store > My Galaxy > Exclusives
Paid and free Android apps distributed solely in the Galaxy Store.
Galaxy Store market can display:
- Banners that link to:
- A seller's product detail page (one app)
- A listing page of select apps in a group, or a seller's apps in a group (some of their apps)
- App group sets that link to:
- A listing page of select apps in a group
- Product detail pages for individual, select apps
- List pages with apps that meet criteria for top paid and top free apps (either separately or mixed) and newly distributed apps
The Galaxy Store home and Games marketplaces display:
The Featured home page promotes popular Android apps and games in all categories as individual apps, in select categories (such as, Editor's Choice , Games We Love!), and select banners (see below).
The Featured home page also promotes exclusive Android apps and products available only in the Galaxy Store that are different from other apps and products, optimized for Samsung devices, and/or contribute to the overall revenue and traffic of the section.
The Top page lists the 500 apps and products with the highest number of downloads.
Promotions for All Android Apps
Each Android app distributed in the Galaxy Store is promoted by its own product detail page.
Product Detail Pages
A product detail page is where your customers review your Android app information and initiate download. The scrolling detail page shows information such as title, description, and pricing, graphic images including screenshots, and video files registered to your app.
You can change what is shown at any time through Samsung Seller Office (Personalize the Product Detail Pages for Your Android Apps).
Any distributed Android app can also be promoted by meeting any of the following distribution criteria:
- New apps that recently started to be distributed
- Paid apps with the highest revenue
- Free apps with the highest number of downloads
New App Promotion Pages
All new Android apps are promoted in their assigned category pages.
Top Distribution Promotion Pages
The Android apps that meet paid app revenue and/or free app download criteria are promoted in one or more top distribution lists.
Based on all revenue or downloads to-date:
- The 'Top' section in the Galaxy Store home page ranks both top paid and top free apps of all app types (Android, Galaxy Watch, and Theme apps).
Each app listing links to its product detail page.
- Each app category ranks all apps (both paid and free), paid apps, and free apps of all app types in a listing page, where each app listing links to its product detail page..
- The 'Top' section in the Galaxy Store > Games page ranks the top game apps (both paid and free).
Each app listing links to its product detail page.
Android apps can be promoted by being selected for special promotions:
- Banners requested by sellers to promote one, some, or all of their apps
- Banners promoting a group of apps selected by Samsung
- Group sets of apps selected by Samsung
Android apps that meet selection criteria can be promoted using banners, which typically increase daily downloads by four to five times.
Seller App Banners
SDP members can request special banner promotion of one, some, or all of their Android apps. If selected, a banner will be displayed in the appropriate Galaxy Store section (typically, for 2 weeks).
Each banner links to a product detail page (single app banner) or to a listing page (multi-app banner).
There are three types of seller app banners:
- One-app seller banners link to the app's product detail page.
- Some-app seller banners link to an app group page, which lists the promoted apps that link to their product detail pages.
- All-app seller banners link to an app group page, which lists all of their apps that link to their product detail pages.
Join SDP, sign in, and submit a request ticket through the JOIN NOW link shown below at the bottom of this page.
You request banner promotion at SDP My Dashboard > Galaxy Store Promotions. Our editorial team will evaluate your request and distributed apps, and then determine whether banner promotion is suitable. For more details, see Banner Promotion.
App Group Banners
The Galaxy Store editorial staff determines similar apps and products to be promoted as a group (for example, based on app type, features, theme, popularity, and suitability to the user). Other The staff then creates the scrollable app group set, and determines the promotion start and stop dates. If your app is selected, you will be notified.
Each banner links to the group's listing page, where each app listing links to its product detail page.
Rolling banners can contain any type of promotional banner and navigational banners that link to other Galaxy Store marketplaces.
Auto-scrolling banners appear at the top of Galaxy Store marketplaces.
Manually scrollable banners can appear throughout Galaxy Store marketplaces.
App Group Sets
The Galaxy Store editorial staff determines similar apps to be promoted as a group (for example, based on app type, features, theme, popularity, and suitability to the user). The staff then creates the scrollable app group set, and determines the promotion start and stop dates. If your app is selected, you will be notified.
Each app group set displays:
- Each app, which links to its product detail page.
- A link to an app group page that lists all the apps in the group with links to their product detail page.
The Galaxy Store home page promotes groups of selected Android apps of any type.
The My Galaxy marketplace promotes groups of selected Android apps of any type that are distributed exclusively in the Galaxy Store.
For more details, see Android, Edge, Stickers, and Fonts App Promotion.
Promotion in Your Own Marketing and Media Channels
Samsung supports app promotions outside the Samsung Galaxy Store in your own marketing and media channels, including websites, email, and social media.
Display a Galaxy Store badge that sends your customers to the product detail page of one of your Android, Edge, Galaxy Watch, Theme, or Font apps.
Display a Galaxy Store badge that sends your customers to your Galaxy Watch seller brand page with your entire line of Galaxy Watch apps.
Display a Galaxy Store badge that sends your customers to your Theme seller brand page with your entire line of Theme apps.
|Paid App Coupons||Create and send out coupons to download your paid apps for free.|
Promote your apps by adding deep hyperlinks to your websites, your marketing channels and media, and your app or product code.
|User Comments, Ratings, and Information||Review comments and ratings of your apps by your customers and app store users, and respond to them.|
|Your Brand Followers||Get details about users who are following your entire product line.|